Thursday, March 29, 2012

Colour Create Challenge #93 - Deep Purple, Cream and Bright Green


Hello,
It's time to see what Julie has come up with for the challenge over at Colour Create this fortnight. Challenge #93 is to used Deep Purple, Cream and Bright Green with the option of extra bows. Here is the inspiration picture:
29 March - Challenge 93 - Julie -Deep Purple, Bright Green and cream 

I have to say that this is one of my all time favourite colour combos and I loved working on this challenge. Here is my card:


I used Rustic Cream cardstock for my base and main layer. I stamped the different flowers from Beautiful Blooms II in Sweet Plum ink and then masked them and stamped my leaves in Old Olive ink with the flowers.  Once I had stamped my flowers I used my Chevron Backdrop stamp to lightly stamp over the images with Chamomile tea dye ink. Finally I added some finishing touches to the flowers with  my purple and clear Atyou Spica glitter pens.  It was hard to get a clear picture but here is a close up of the glittery flowers. They look much better IRL:


I used some Plum Pudding satin ribbon to create my loops behind my sentiment. The sentiment was created by die cutting two Mat Stack 1 die cuts - one from Rustic Cream and one from Plum Pudding cardstock. I handcut the cream die cut a little smaller so the Plum Pudding could be used as a mat. The frame was stamped using my Round and Round frame in Plum Pudding ink. I then used my Thank You sentiment from Scattered Showers additions in Old Olive ink.  I stamped another flower and leaves, which I hand cut and adhered to the edge of my frame. Finally I added some silver rhinestones underneath my sentiment and a border around the edge of my card with my clear Atyou spica glitter pen.

The other girls in the team have created some stunning cards so hop on over and have a look at the Colour Create blog.


Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Round and Round anniversary set, Scattered Showers additions (PTI); Chevron Backdrops (Lawn Fawn - from The Stamp Spot)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Plum Pudding (PTI)
Ink: Chamomile tea dye (PTI); Sweet Plum (Memento); Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Plum Pudding satin ribbon, Mat Stack 1 die (PTI); dimensionals; Clear and Purple Atyou Spica glitter pens (Copic); silver rhinestones (Kaisercraft - from The Stamp Spot)

5 comments:

  1. Kerry, this is gorgeous! This is a great color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kerry - this is GORGEOUS!! I love the way you lightly stamped the background, to give this beautiful card a rustic look. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and so very elegant, you have made the colours look very sophisticated together - something I am really struggling with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an elegant CAS card. beautiful i love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Kerry!! Love the subtle chevrons and those glittery flowers, I agree with you this is a totally fabulous colour combo and inspiration. You really rocked it!

    ReplyDelete